Monday, March 31, 2014

Saturday 29th March

 Sometimes, Didi cries when we say goodbye. We have to go for class and sometimes he misses us.
I ask Maricar to bring him to the playground but of course there would be more fun if we were there too.


 The staff told me twice - "This has liquor you know?" (Orange Bitter Choc).
"I know," I replied, "it's for me."
Kiki had tummy ache the next morning; not the usual tummy ache... it was painful.
I think it has to do with this ice cream, she had too much of it and it is also richer than regular ones.

Kiki asked to taste my ice cream. I told her it is for adults only because there's liquor.
She asked what liquor is.
I said,,,, it's a drink that may make you drunk.
She said - Drink and become drunk, then feel sleepy and then cry.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMG. How did she know?  I grilled her but she said she just knows.
I don't think she gets to watch any shows with a drunker stupor, or did she? (me faints).


P.S: Karmeleon, you're quite right. 


After class, dinner & ice cream; we headed to Synwin to get our second violin.
The staff refused to bring down a 1/4 or 1/2, he explained that 1/8 will be most suited for Kiki.
I've tried to explain that her teacher told us to get at least 1/4 but he refuted and patiently told me that a 1/4 violin would mean her arm will over-stretch and be put in a "stressed" position. He explained that a slight fold at the elbow is the correct position (although I've been told by another friend that the arm has to be stretched). The staff further substantiated that age 5, 6 or even 7 use 1/4.

I didn't argue because I tend to agree with him, but I was just very puzzled and wonder how would I then convince her teacher C. Well,,,,,,,,,we'll see.


 While waiting for the shop to re-string, we went to play.


And then, it was a long way home... walking endless underpasses to catch our bus.
But I was happy I found LUSH again! After some 18 years??? I had used them during my Pre-U days; they never did change their paperbag packaging.

 Note: Be careful when you receive their free samples,,,,, the small tubs are made of hard, inflexible plastic, the lids don't seal well! ARGGGGGHHHHH! Soiled my bag. Luckily no damage done to my phone or violin book.


5 comments:

  1. So what did Teacher say about the 1/8? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was not required to sit-in that session so I didn't ask and teacher C also didn't comment further. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - ok. Doesn't allow to sit in, or you just prefer not to?

      Delete
    2. It's an individual session, I think she only needed me to sit in the first session. For me to handle Suzuki is already a handful...

      Delete
    3. OIC. Usually they allow sit-in for young kids, I would've thought. Or even require it. My boy has been having individual 1-to-1 lessons since he started at 3yrs old. I'd yet to not sit in on his lessons. He does have group lessons every month too, which parents are generally not allowed in. So 3 indiv and 1 group every month.

      Delete