Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 22nd. My 2nd Float.

 This time, I was much more relaxed.
In fact, I was thrilled.



 After my float, we went for breakfast at a nearby coffee shop.

I looked across the street and saw Aunty Merlyn strolling past. She's Bren's aunt.
Aunty Merlyn doesn't live near Siglap, she lives far away at River Valley with her grand children, daughter and son-in-law but she likes to visit the old estates she used to live when she was young. So naturally, that's Katong, Siglap, East Coast kinda estates.

She moved into many houses in the past as her late husband (British national) was an expatriate and their housing accommodation was arranged by the office. During her better times, she took in whoever that needed a roof. Bren used to spend a lot of time under her roof as his cousin- Jane; is a couple of years older and both of them became playmates. He always brings me to the various houses that he had been to, if they are still standing that is. In some of the gardens, he would tell me that's where Jane's dog(s) were buried. He even remembers which long kangs he fell into (these are now mostly covered walkways with grill covers).




No comments:

Post a Comment