Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weighty Issue

For any woman who has been medium built, plump, chubby, fat or obese, the issue on weight and the social pressure of being lean and fit may all be too familiar. It is hard enough to fend off the stigma and doubly so after delivering a baby (or babies). Some women risk malnutrition to quickly downsize while some battle with mental anguish over self-esteem issues. Some even get the blues. Whatever the case, many of us could find little time to exercise but the young doctor who attended to me during the time I was in the hospital after delivery Colin insisted that it was a matter of prioritizing. He said even when he works a 30-hour shift, he would still hit the gym. (I might argue that 1. He is young. 2. He doesn't have young children he has to attend to. 3. He has more time at his disposal. But I didn't say that, after all, he meant good. In his opinion, exercising would prolong life.)
So anyway, I would not view the need to exercise as being the answer to loose weight although if one starts exercising, one may naturally loose excess fats (if one is fat to begin with) but the overall positive effects of exercising should be motivational enough to get going. I hope I will keep on moving, I shall put a tab about this under "weighty"and keep a track on myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment