Saturday, November 12, 2011

Living with an Old Folk

It is very stressful for me that my FIL is under my care.
Not because of all the cleaning, mopping including handling soiled daipers and clothing and the hours at doctor's appointments, but because he insists to go out on his own when it is apparent that he is incapable of taking care of himself now. If he gets lost or falls down while he's out then it would really be trouble. You can see in the picture above, he obviously was having dizzy spells but he still insists on going out. He stood at the door for 20 mins before lying down.





After 30 mins of "not giving up", he went out and didn't come back.

It was thunderous and dark clouds were hoarding so I went out to look for him.

Thank goodness I happened to catch a glimpse of him from the glass window in the lift and found him sitting at the lift landing on the 2nd floor. If I had missed seeing him I would have searched the whole estate.


It is easy to say that we must not let him out of the house but it is very tough containing him. He will turn nasty and angry when he feels his freedom being restricted.


I asked him what he was doing sitting there, he couldn't answer.

I am really having a migraine.

My FIL has to undergo a surgery to remove a bad kidney and I worry about the risk involved as well as his recovery process given the frail state he is in now.

No comments:

Post a Comment