Friday, November 18, 2011

Updates

Christmas decorations are everywhere.


Birthday card from Kiki's school.



Yet to count the coins, it's great to have my annual birthday gift from Bren. These two piggy banks are from Aunt Julie coincidentally. They've been around since year 2000.




While I was clearing the drawers, I found the specimen piece of the $10,000 dollar bill (souvenir commemoration with the piggy bank above). I came up with the vague idea that if you save $100 a month, it will take 8 years to save up $10,000. Actually $9,600 but you can just top up to make it ten. So, I asked Maricar if it would be meaningful if she did that. Save up, I mean. She got so excited that we made a pact to save $100 a month for eight years. I mean, I don't know if she will be with us for eight more years though I do welcome the thought of it. I said if she does that then I will save up $100 each for Colin and Kiki and eight years later we can all go on a vaction. I have never made a "result-oriented, long term commitment" like this and I hope my enthusiasm will last. We start this January. Anyone else keen to join? Just email me ya, we can do it together. (Must show monthly input statement ya. Not kidding.)

No comments:

Post a Comment