Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Birthday

Two weeks back when I took a look at my FIL's appointment card, I thought to myself - "there's no way I'm spending my birthday loitering and waiting at the hospital" but here am I at the ChangiGeneral Hospital typing away with my fingers and thumbs and waiting for him to pee, which is a serious matter. So never say never. As I age, I become more selfless. Not that I'm a saint or anything close, randomly I'm still as foolish as the next person. Oh shit! Forgot my novel! Gosh, HOW TO KILL TIME? Sharks. Phone batt will be out if I carry on using the Net but what the heck. So yes, as I was saying, today is my birthday and I'm a bit erm,,, how you describe that tired/groggy/a-bit-lost feeling after a night of multiple disrupted sleep. Poor Kiki has stools so hard that they look like hand granites. She cried and sobbed as she pass motion at 2.34am while Bren and I consoled her. I must really get to the root of this. I prescribed fruits to Maricar to let Kiki eat daily but the fruits are mostly left to rot. Is it really she cannot squeeze the time to do it or is it of low priority in her opinion? I mustn't continue to observe and just consol Kiki but rather, it is time for action. Overdue. So as I was saying, multiple sleep disruption, - my FIL wakes up at whatever time he fancies, mostly between 2 to 5 AM to scavenge my fridge, we've since stopped buying and storing coke in the fridge as he drank more than I did, he could finish a one litre bottle in two sittings. Other disruptions include the use of the common toilet and also Bren's getting ready for work a.k.a shower at six AM. It takes a lot of getting used to because I'm a terribly light sleeper. So anyway, Kiki woke up and in her blurry state, came up to me and said in her soft voice- "happy birthday. Today your birthday already?" she asked. So sweet of her. So anyway, I am contented with life and there's nothing more I would ask for so from now, everything more are bonuses. All I want for my birthday is an ionized hairbrush dryer. To tame my tangled ends so that I stop snipping off my hair due to it being tangled like wool. That's how simple. I hope we can get out of here soon so that I can 1) go to the gym. 2) count my coins. 3) play with Kiki. 4) coo with Colin. 5) transfer money to Jas for my purchase on leap pad for Kiki. 6) go buy my hairbrush. 7) pack my bag for Batam trip for tomorrow. 8) wait for my mom, she's visiting. 9) downtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment