Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Reading Habit

An early reading habit

She loves the bookstore

And, luckily, my helper is happy to read.


I am very guilty that I personally am not an avid reader.
I wished I were but I don't wanna fool you, I really am not.
Basically because I am a lazy fella and a creature of ease.
Well, I must say that I am beginning to push myself out from my laziness because I know the importance of reading and that reading habit starts young. Reading feeds the intellect and so, flourishes one's language, imagination and enriches one's life in mega-multitutes. And language is the modus operandi for every faculty.
You know, they say, the way to teach the baby anything is by way of demonstration.
If you wanna teach healthy eating, you eat healthily. The kid follows.
If you wanna teach healthy living, you have an exercise regime, the kid follows.
And so, if you want your kid to enjoy reading, you gotta read to her!
I ask that I overcome my laziness and for the life of me, at least read to her regularly...... what a feeble assertion..... =(
Okay, I shall not beat myself up.
Since now I am aware of my shortcoming, I will actively, consciously, change!
Do it in bite-sizes. If I can't bring myself to read to her every day, I can begin by doing it two or three times a week. Even moving Mt. Fuji takes one stone at a time. Okay, I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment