Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chopin by the Lake

I, for one, is an idiot to classical music, but Pam insists I have to start making an effort to enrich not my life but that of my baby. She says I don't have to be a musician to go to a concert like this and she was right.

I may not appreciate the music but it was an interesting experience and I ought to try new things and perhaps, in my journey of bringing up Kiki, I may enrich myself too.




First Pianist:- Daniel Wnukowski (Poland)
(followed by second pianist - Izumi Tateno (Japan)
@ Singapore Botanic Gardens, 30th May 2o1o.


Just see the number of people there!
And they all came prepared. They are very seasoned picnickers, they had everything a picnic should have - sandwiches, tea, snacks, biscuits, wine, cooler tub, director's chair, noodles, cakes, (I did not see Curry), all sorts of mats- rolled-up plastic straw type, yoga mats, folded PVC ones and tent sheets. And some had Real Picnic Baskets complete with handkerchief tied on handle. You know, the bamboo woven type with top lids that open by lifting from the sides. Boy, was I really in Singapore? I thought.

I was surprised to know that so many people turned up for a concert by the park.
Am I "sua ku" or what?
From my respond, you could certainly guessed that in my world, there isn't this form of activity.

This is an enlarged view of the people at the park.
My gauge on the profile of the attendees were 80% foreigners, 20 or less % locals.
Even the Asians there were mostly Taiwanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment