Monday, May 10, 2010

No More Fishy Business

I will lay Fish off the list for at least one whole year.

It was a nightmare the whole afternoon yesterday.

Again, I thought I could introduce her fish but I was wrong, wrong big time.

She vomited greenish, gluey stuff and her upper lips turned green and face went yellow.
It was very frightening for me and even for my helper who has 2 kids. Poor baby was crying with discomfort and hungry but each milk feed was purged. I was in panic fits and was going to bring her to KK after the 6th vomit but thought that even there, it will just be observations.

And boy, did I pray.

Thank goodness sometime past eight, the milk went well with her system.
For hours I cradled her so that the milk can work down its way with gravity while she slept.
And the rest of the night was a watchful sleep for me. I even had a nightmare about similar stuff........ Horrifying experience for me.

Do not listen to the books when they tell you to "try again in another 2 weeks".
If your baby rejects any form of food when there is a reaction like hives, allergy, or vomiting, please, just seek for an alternative form of food to whatever that nutrient is. It is not worth the risk to do otherwise.

Thank goodness she got well after the night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I hope Kiki is better now. Baby A is ok with fish. Even with Ikan Bilis that my mum would pound until powdery form. I even wonder if baby A is not having fish too often. I guess each baby's system is different.
    Did you bring her to see a doc in the end?
    ~~sohcool

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, she got well on her own.
    Pork will give her rash,,,even scallops which supposedly many babies have them in the porridge.
    High grade or low grade, they don't go down well with her body system...... I just hope all other food will suffice. You know,,, ppe keep talking abt the importance of fish (omega etc). How to cook a tasty green, leafy veg, when I can't use a meat form?..

    ReplyDelete