Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ar? What'cha sayin'?

Ar? is the synonym she has for "hello"
When she picks up my mobile phone and puts to her ear, she goes "Ar?"
She yaks a lot when the phone rings and when she sees I'm on the phone.
(ya ah ter ah ter ah poo ter, she says) Always the same phrase! I wonder how that works.


She calls both Mark and I "Ba Ba" 爸爸 in near perfect Mandarin pitch. (that is beacuse I repeat this term to her since she was 6 months-old) She says it in the same pitch as I did.
She doesn't know Ma Ma 妈妈 yet, maybe because I didn't do Ma Ma with her, but when she wants me, she goes "Ba Ba" as well.
So I guess for now, that is her word for "father / mother"

She babbles a lot, especially in the morning when she wakes up and when she's at the gym, and when the phone rings.

She also "sings" and hums in a slow and low voice when I play with the keyboard or sing Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" in a dramatical matter. She joins in but is apparently shy, because when I exclaim in delight, she stops.

She also plays the "fart game" with me. She's so funny I tell you.
Once, she let an audiable fart and I laughed. Then I made a sound "ernk" and gestured an exagerrated laugh. She laughed with me. And so I did it another three times and we both laughed on cue. And then you know what happened???? She mimicked the "ernk" sound and waited for me to laugh. And she did it another three times! Gosh, she's pulling my strings! I was blown over. She's learning to mimick almost anything that amuses her (or me!).

My oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment