Saturday, June 27, 2009

Teething Toys


When I was young, there was a Teochew slogan "七坐,八爬,九发牙。"
It's a guideline on a baby's progress
7th month: sitting up,
8th month: crawling,
9th month: teething.

But I think the information has become outdated now.
I read that baby begins teething at 6 months, progressively until 30 months old.
There are many teething toys out there, and they are classified accordingly in stages.
For beginners, stage one are those that are soft and textured. I didn't know that you can give a baby teething toys from birth! It is for them to suckle and lick, whatever.
Kiki still hasn't learnt to hold with her hands but she has started to suck her fingers, in fact, she licks on her entire hand! I hope she can learn to hold the toys soon, so that she doesn't suck her fingers too often. I'm not sure if it's a bad thing or not to lick her hands but I heard from Anna, the hands will get smelly.......
So anyway, Kiki has a good range of teething toys for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment