Monday, June 15, 2009

Read to Bond


I was just going to the CC to check out if they have a gym, cos I really dislike jogging on the ground. I can run on the treadmill for 2 hours but I couldn't run along on the ground for even 10mins, I find it too taxing. So anyway, I was just going to the CC and decided to pop by the Library for a glance since the Library looks so chic.
Boy, was I in for a surprise! I enquired if there's a pre-school section and the librarian briefed me about this programme they have-"Born to read, read to Bond"- to sign up your baby with the NLB. You'll get a starter's kit, CD, Journal, a bag and can start borrowing books appropriate for Babies! All with your baby's library card! All on-the-spot! and it's FREE! wow, am I Sua Ku or have I been holed up for too long? (blah, doesn't it mean the same thing?!)
As I toured around the pre-school section, I saw several mothers and grandfathers reading to their toddlers. It is a warm sight. My estate has many Japanese family and Chinese Nationals and it is no surprise that I see them everywhere, at the beach, at the provision store, and now, at the library too. So anyway, I borrowed some books for Kiki as well as a Malay language short stories for Wasi our maid. Boy, was I feeling excited the whole afternoon. Ha Ha.
So anyway, back to the gym.
Too bad there isn't one at the CC. And there isn't a public pool that is within walking distance too. Maybe I should go and explore if the chalets at East Coast Park allows payable public entry to its pool. Besides that, I do look forward to borrowing my sis' blades for the time being. Can't wait to work out a sweat. Got to shake some fats or water retention off or I can't fit into my old jeans! So sad. So many clothes I've got. Oh, and finally, I am reeeally giving away many of my precious stuff, especially 3/4 of my bags.
割爱- definition: to give up what one treasure; to part with some cherished possessions.
I have just so many bags, I can remember ALL of them. I can remember who bought for me, which year, what occasion, which holiday trip, where I've bought them and where they have been, and at which stage of my life and my attachments to them. I can remember them all. But I really don't use them enough, some are even new & unused. So,,,, after packing & re-packing them, in and out from my wardrobe, battling with myself, reminising the memories along with each bag, I decided to let them go. GO! GO! I have to move on. I can't be that adolescent that I still feel I am. So, yes, I'm letting them go to new owners who will give them a new lease in life.
Goodbye my BAGS! Goodbye!
割爱

No comments:

Post a Comment