Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend 14-15 November


Going to their respective classes. Both looking grouchy on a Saturday morning.

While waiting for Kiki to knock off from class, Colin wants me to bring him over to PP to see the Christmas deco which are still being assembled. I said we should visit one of the nights next week. 



 Sometimes when she puts on a dress like this, she looks less mature. I told her she's quite versatile, she could look between 4 and 9. 
Last week, Teacher showed us how to tackle the "most difficult part of the song" (Tittled:"Theme from Witches' Dance") and she says it's ok that we haven't learned because in anyway, she hasn't taught. But this week......... all kids except Kiki and one boy, already more or less could play the song. Sweat ar. Because then one by one we had to demo that difficult part of the song (which we didn't practise because we were learning the song from the top). There are two older boys parachuted into our class, on and off,  we get  插班生 students in our group class, sometimes they stay for months while sometimes weeks. After class I told Kiki, okay look we can't be learning two lines, four lines or six lines per week; we have to do one song per week, are you ok with that?  She nodded. But in actual fact, I don't have all night free for violin, so in reality, we don't get to practice as much as we would love to. So anyway, Teacher says "Theme from Witches' Dance" is a grade 3 exam piece. Hum.... means what. Can we go take grade 3 exams? Dunno lah, better just improve before doing anything else. Few weeks back, one parent came up to me and asked if Kiki has another violin teacher because she says Kiki has improved a lot. She repeated  her comment about Kiki's improvement because she thought that I didn't hear her because I think I didn't respond much except - Oh, thanks. I mean, actually, I didn't know what to respond because her boys (three boys, mind you) all play the violin exceptionally well. I tell you, this violin class has got half a dozen of Super-moms. They think I'm one but really I'm not. Just look at them, one of them gave birth one of the Saturdays and she came back to class the week after! She didn't rest! And she has sign on her second boy for the younger class. Three boys and she's having two in two classes, her third is now a toddler probably in-line for yet another class. And then there's another mom, she has three girls, she said she took her first girl to this class for four years, second girl she told her hubby she needs a break, so the hubby took the second one for four years, and then now the third girl, she's back to the class again! Gosh........ these women are tireless. Although the class is strict and sometimes intense, I think we've more or less fallen in love with it. 

Teacher says it's time to get a bigger violin.
I need to get her a 88-key keyboard for her piano practice and another violin soon.
I guess got to do it soon before the December holidays so that Teacher could mark the fingerings for us.

Kiki reminded me- Mama, you said after I've learned The Two Granadiers, you would buy me a toy. 
Me- Hum... but you haven't performed solo in class.  Plus, I've brought you to eat something nice.
Kiki- But no one plays in front of the class anymore. (these days)
Me- Ok granted, what toy do you want?
Kiki- Plants versus Zombies. 
Me- I thought that's an App?  Just download the game onto your iPad will do right?
Kiki- Yes, but there's also the soft toy at the game shop. 

Oh, okay. Whatever Plant versus Zombies...  what kind of game is it anyway.


we lost our way at Orchard Central versus Orchard Gateway, by the time we get to Lady M, there was a queue. I told her there's no way I would wait in line, so let's just eat something else and go Lady M another day.

We shared everything-- salad, macaroni, ice cream
Essentially, it's a person's portion shared by two of us.











(we bought this) She says it's a Girl Elf

Meanwhile, King of Cool eating ice cream with a purple cone. 


My MIL's birthday yesterday. 

Her sister came to visit. Aunt Merlin always tells me about how she got her autograph book signed by our late LKY when he canvassed in her school, and how someone ripped off that page and stole that autographed page. (can politics be canvassed in schools last time?) Aunt Merlin is funny. She always goes to the hairdresser to get her hair done, she says she had red hair but now that they're grey, she has to colour it. She says if she puts on a suit, she would be mistaken as Margaret Thatcher. Also, with her hair done, she might find a new husband, after all, her old man had died so long ago. In the same breath, she says no lah, crazy, for no reasons find an old man, wait she has to come up with funeral money. Funny right?



She made a Snowman for Minion, she says it's Monion's toy Snowman.
Funny right. Even at eleven at night, I found it funny.

Meantime, I'm trying to fix the Rubik's Cube again. Kiki dropped it and a few tooth came off.
Since I couldn't do it the intellectually solving way, I though I might as well dismantle it and re-assemble it. But the crazy shit happened again! There's no WHITE centerpiece.
There are two Green centerpieces. 
and two other pieces that aren't good match.
This Rubik Cube deserves a place in RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT for the World's most bizarre Rubik's Cube.

(I marked the green center with a white dot as there's no white centerpiece)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, The violin lesson sounds intense. I put on my FB an article written by an american how she felt all activities pressured on best performance these days. Even the kids give themselves pressure to shine ending up with lack of sleep and stress. As parents, we would want our kids to excel in everything they do. The tennis coach said that A1 has potential in tennis. So he encouraged us to add an extra hour to his practise. Now every monday, I rushed like mad from office(65km from home) to school to pick the boys up for A1's tennis lesson. Wed afternoon is another mad rush between tennis, karate and speech therapist. With piano lesson added on, he did not have much time to practise. Good thing my boys have no HOMEWORK. I won't be able to find time for that. My boys enjoy their activities and never complain. They are active boys so sports are good. However, I think for next school year, I would just allow them an hour of tennis per week. I don't expect them to be professional tennis players. And I am not a super mum. :)

    ReplyDelete