Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Mystery Of The Missing Center Piece



Turned out that the Rubik's cube could be dismantled. The shop keeper said that someone must have dropped the cube and put the pieces back but she was kind enough to fix it back for me. After I got home, I found out from Colin that he had dropped it and put the pieces back. He didn't think anything was wrong; to him the cube is like Lego.



***

After fixing the Rubik's cube, I was on my way out of the mall and was walking down the escalator when I saw something stuck to the left side of the escalator. I was shocked to see three quarters of a kid's Crocs sandals sticking out (45 deg angle) from the side of the stationery escalator. To see it for real is rather graphic. I was shocked by that image and looked around. There was a man in office attire (presumably the kid's father), looking rather worried, and there were three men whom I later noticed were maintenance guys. There was no blood, no kid, no mother at the scene, so I think there hasn't been a mishap but a close shave. I had wanted to detour to take a photo of that sandals being stuck,,, but it wasn't an appropriate thing to do, seeing the look on the father's face. The intended photo was to tell my other parent-friends to stop using Crocs for the younger ones. I do use their sandals, KiCo also have their shoes. It is those "Big Headed" designs that I am against. Don't talk about its material being easy-grip, I strongly feel that the design of the Big Headed sandal is not suitable for kids. It was first designed as boating sandals and its popularity soared when chefs started using them because they were less slippery. But just look at the design. There's too much space, be it room space or insulation space due to thick material. The expanded design gives a false representation of the feet because the feet inside is much smaller, being insulated by the thicken and big headed design. This also slows down the reflex / reaction of the kids because their skin is not next to the material on the inside so they won't feel danger pressure. By the time the kid or the parent see the danger, they have 2 seconds to react and hopefully be able to pull away fast enough. That is if they do see or sense the danger when it's taking place. There any countless of other types of shoes for kids. Please don't get the Big Headed ones.


No comments:

Post a Comment