Monday, November 2, 2015

Our weekend (October end)


After violin, we had "Pepper Lunch" minus the pepper, at the food courts.
Then we went to Toys R Us to look for Paw Control toys which Colin had requested (He wants Rocky and Rocky's recycling truck) but Toys R Us didn't have them. 


 Before heading home, we went NTUC to buy KiCo's Friso Milk. I had forgotten that it was Halloween.


 Kiki says she wants to make some Halloween streamers, so she sketched and cut a few characters.




 Sunday, I went for acupuncture and cupping. 
I think, I would try to loose another 2 kg so as to prevent any rebound.



So, while I was walking home...... I was thinking of the book I'm reading.. and thought to myself about whether it is right or wrong to push your children over the limit in order to excel, and I thought to myself that we would say that we're doing it for the kid but besides having given birth to our kids, who are we to determine that the paths we want for them is the path they want for themselves. If I hadn't had the time, energy and resources to give Colin violin lessons, then how will I ever know if he might have also picked up the skill (instead of only keyboard). Twenty years down the road, will he ask why I didn't give him violin lessons? It would sound like a lame excuse if I tell him that I have no extra energy to be doing my work in the day, traveling home, potentially coercing him to do the violin like how I did with his sister when she was younger, plus the various revisions and reading. This question will haunt me for the rest of my life, but I am unable to stretch further, so I try to at least practice the keyboard with him, hoping that one instrument learned is better than none. So back to the question about drilling the kids, without pushing the limits, we will never breakthrough. Rainbows do not come before Rain. Isn't that true? But everyone's Rainbow is not the same. For the kid, his Rainbow might be to severe ties with his parent(s). There are many accomplished persons who had severed ties with their parents simply because they felt that their parents pushed them to excel for the wrong reasons. But there are also many accomplished person who couldn't thank their parents enough even after their parents passed. So really, there's no answers. We've just got to use some wisdom. There are many movies (including The Devil Wears Prada) that puts a person who is a workaholic in bad light. It is like if you are a work maniac, you will lose your husband, your friends, your boyfriend. Yes, that may really happen but a movie about successful women with loving husband and fantastic friends won't do well at the box office. So, no, they won't write a boring script about how a woman has it all; they will write that a slave-driving boss is devil. It's a free world, learn to handle your time. If you make sacrifices, add some yields to the sacrifices you've made. Use your heart, if it is genuine, you will touch anybody. Your children, your husband, your friends. 

So, this is the book I've read. 
Read it if you come across it. It's interesting and surprisingly a tad heart warming.






I have never been able to solve the Rubik's cube. I just get this because I have only recently discovered the information that the center piece of each side are all different, they will never move,  and that the colour of the center piece will be the colour of that entire side.  And each colour will have a corresponding colour on the other end throughout the cube. That is invaluable information. Why didn't anyone tell me when I was young?  There wasn't internet and I never had any idea to read instruction sheets. In fact, I never read instruction sheets from anything. So that is my bad. Anyway, something is really wrong about the Rubik's cube I've got. It does not have a White center piece! This is enraging. But when we bought it, all sides had their colour flushed. This is mysterious! Kiki says it is either Colin, Maricar or a ghost who had changed the stickers because it wasn't her. LOL. She was trying to answer me, "How could this happen? How is this possible!? while we were in bed at 11pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment