Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Birthday Weekend


 The whole tin of milk goes into the minibar 

 Twin room


Deluxe Room @ S$620 per night for a normal room with minimal amenities.
This is inflated room rates. Nobody pays this kind of rates one lah. 
I mean, the oddball holiday-maker may pay that kind of rates but mostly, the locals just go join the RWS membership to get a cheaper room rate or not at all (since RWS always gives its members complimentary room nights). Whatever price the hotel puts on paper, they might just back-charge half of it to its Marketing Department as part of Marketing cost since it is Marketing that issues the comp room. That way, Marketing has an expense while Room Sales has revenue. Well, that's what I guess anyway.

 Milk, milk. 

Colin asked when will I bring him to take "the roller coaster on a rope". Took me a while to figure out he was referring to the Cable Car!   Cable = Rope. (thick wire ropes are also known as cables, by the way).  The cabins travel up and down, similar to roller coaster minus speed, and they're on a rope. Therefore, "roller coaster on a rope" aptly describes Cable Car doesn't it?  No wonder his speech therapist says he comes up with "original ideas" despite the lack of vocabs. To describe what he wants to express, he searches for words that he knows and puts them together in a childish way.

 The first-ever present I've received from Kiki-- 85 cents from her Piggy Bank.

 I really do love this Black Sugar Mask, you've gotta try to know why.
Thanks to Iresh, she surprised me with it   =)

Fruit & Veg Salad @ $10.50.... I think Cedele's better. 
After checking-out from the hotel, I brought KiCo home and then I went out to shop for a dress for.... company's director's wedding in December. So stressful attending black-tie events. Hope to find a suiting dress soon. 




Went for the last of The Hunger Games.

I am satisfied with its humbling, "positive end". 
The entire Hunger Games concept is that of civil war, oppression, treason, rebellion, throw in some heaviness of doomed romance in the face of endless adversities, complex romance between young, innocence and romance toughened by survival needs, plus the overall, underlying message of having good faith in human kind despite all the power craze, betrayal and evil that we are capable of. It says the thirst for revenge is hard to satisfy, but still among us are people who would rather heal than seek revenge, and that's hard. 

Excerpt: (from .telegraph.co.uk)
The epilogue to the Hunger Games trilogy reads pretty bleakly: set years in the future, it suggests that Katniss and Peeta have managed to find some level of peace, living together in the rebuilt District 12, and raising their son and daughter – “my children, who don’t know they play on a graveyard”. The text also reminds the reader of the nightmares “that won’t ever really go away”. In order to survive, and avoid being overwhelmed by horror and despair,  Katniss says: “I make a list in my head of every act of goodness I’ve seen someone do, It’s like  a game. Repetitive. Even a little tedious after more than 20 years. But there are much worse games to play”.


 Happy Birthday to me. 


Finally, one slice of cake before the end of the day to mark my 42nd year of existence. 
May I continue to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment