Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Movies from the Library



There's a wall at the library near the check-out counter where recently returned DVDs get slotted. 
The movies collection is not new but they're okay. You can rent them for free, there's no complaining.
I've also borrowed a Tweety Bird cartoon & "A Series of Unfortunate Events" for KiCo to watch. They've enjoyed the story, retelling me how the Baby could speak in Baybish language and could bite through everything, how the orphans whose parents died in a fire, went through obstacles after obstacles, finally ditching the Wizard in a train wrack. (is he a Wizard?) no, I don't think he is, but he had many disguises.

Seven Pounds
I've watched that, I can't remember where, at home or at the cinemas but I didn't remember having watched that movie until, well, having watched the DVD during lunch break.  If you could help it, you could always use a pair of headphones when watching movies (I mean while at home or over your PC / lappy, etc.) It gives you an immersed experience, especially with "feely" melodramas.
Seven Pound is about this man,,,,, who is unable to get over the death of his wife, who died at a car crash. This man, is trying to identify the people who are "deserving" of his organs. He plans to donate his organs to them, so he went undercover to get to know the potential receiver of his corneas, heart, bone marrow, inherit his huge, resort villa home, etc. I would say it is quite a difficult movie. It opens up your mind if you hadn't spared a thought about some other people in the society who may have drawn a short straw in life (medically). Will Smith is a good actor, having come a long way since his Fresh Prince of Bel-Air days (some 20 years ago!). 

The Hunger Games (first)
The first time I've laid eyes on Jennifer Lawrence was over "The American Hustle" which I had watched on the plane. (I would watch it again). I did not know of her Hunger Games fame but I know a material actor when I see one. Plus, she is sexy in the retro kinda way. It's hard to come by these days. I had no idea she's so young. (She's 25 in 2015). Neither did I know that she was Mystique (that morphing, blue creature) in X-Men but none of those matters. It is funny how her bio doesn't state her involvement in American Hustle, perhaps because it was a small role. But still. It's old-school and old-school's good, old, old-school. By the way, she grew up in a farm.

Anyway, about The Hunger Games.  
I haven't watched any of its installments, I just watch whatever I had grabbed from the library, which was the 1st Installment, where it all began.  
I won't run through the storyline here, I think you may have watched it already. 
I will just note what I've observed. 
  1. Mindless people thrive in "Live Entertainments", they get cheap thrills out of others' candid lives, be it stupidity, success, fear, strength or vulnerability. If we are not careful, we get hooked on Live Entertainments which will forever seek to amp up the entertaining factor at the expense of willing people.
  2. Suppressors are very clever people, they may rule with fear and demand obedience but they also throw a bone of hope to keep the suppressed "in the game". They would just keep throwing a bone of hope to let the suppressed work for it, fight for it, allow them a glimmer of hope but just a glimmer, nothing more. At their fancy, they are always changing the rules of the game. The think they are kind to you when they allow you some democracy. They are ugly.
  3. It is a liberty if you are born in a society where you could do it in your own terms. But when you have loved ones, you no longer are singular. You may think that even if you were to die, you want to die with honour. But when you have loved ones and dependents, you are no longer singular. Even if you need not care for them, you have to care about them. (Cheem or not?)
  4. The Suppressors do not like to be challenged. Rise at the right moment. Save yourself for another time because there will always be an opportunity for an uprise. 
  5. The best thing is to have everyone enlightened.
So serious right?  -_-"

No comments:

Post a Comment