Thursday, October 29, 2015

Letter to Marie





********************************************************************


Dear Marie,
I've started collecting $5 notes sometime in September after reading an article about your adventure. In Singapore where I reside, $5 are fewer in frequency; we get lots of $2, $10, $50 but seldom $5 because whatever change from $10 is normally made up of $2 notes with the rest being coins.
Nevertheless, I try. And my hubby gives me all the $5 he comes across too.
So far in September, I've got $125 in $5, while October, I've got $160. *photos attached.
Anyway, I just want to tell you that I've put a hashtag on my photographs on Instagram and I've tagged it "#savemoneyfastwithfives" (there isn't any prior photographs with this hashtag) hope this idea helps to propel the inspiration in saving small to save big. You might like to tell your fans about the hashtag idea, I think it's already a movement =)
Sometimes I worry about when the day do come when I have say-- $32,000 in $5, the bank might reject my deposit or that the volume of $5 notes I have were made redundant. Anyway, it's still a long way to go and my worry is unfounded, really. I am just anxious about having that large sum of money stashed away in my drawers. But it's a happy problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment