Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Sticky Seats

 
There was once the train was crowded but not fully packed. Kiki proceeded to sit at one of the dark blue seats; both were not taken at that time. I told her 'No' and to get up because the seats are reserved. She didn't understand and made a 'but-I'm-so-tired-from-all-the-walking" face. Pointing to the sticker above, I asked if she was any of the above. I went on to tell her that unless one is injured, old or whatever shown, one is not to take up those seats. Then suddenly, one chap stood up (from among the light blue seats) and offered Kiki his seat. Oops..... I was just talking to Kiki and perhaps got a tad energetic.

Later on I learned that actually, only one of the dark blue seats is reserved (not both). I asked why then are both coloured differently and was informed that because the seat moulds come in pairs or row (not singular).

Anyway, every time I see these reserved seats I laugh to myself. I think I am more than a tad too serious. It's like the school's "moral education" never did end for me. Honestly, sometimes I think being too rigid makes me a little too........ unapproachable or hard. Anyway, I'll always be reminded to lighten-up now since every time I see these seats my mind smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment