Thursday, October 2, 2014

Mid-week


Yesterday my work friends & I made a quick dash to Sunny Choice Cafe (at Bukit Timah). Because we only have an hour for lunch,,,,, we had to drive very fast and hope for green lights.



 Cam whoring in car

Have to get used to ordering via a tablet as more and more eateries head that direction

 The place has so many non-meat products, veggies, snacks, toiletries.

 http://sunnychoice.com.sg/index.html 

 My colleagues had Bibimbap.



While I had Leicha.
It's really good, I'm a new fan!
Brown rice and toufu, four season bean, carrots, green vegs, nuts, pickles (chai poh), etc.


 After work, I met up with Jac. I've not seen her in....... three years I think.
I had Rex (from Toy Story) with me while I waited.

The funny thing is that Jac used to sit right behind me at our old work place. I worked there for a short 6 months and besides the usual pleasantries; we had never talked. We've only became friends after I left that place and it has been nine years. Gosh time flew in forty winks.

I had forgotten that it was Children's Day yesterday. Her Abacus teacher gave her a "scratch-and-win" template. Anyway, ever since Singapore made the "first Friday in October" the official Children's Day, the date keep changing, so 1st October doesn't surmount much these days. In my opinion, this practice waters down the significance of a commemoration. We used to have Children's Day fixed at 1st Oct and observed it on whichever day it fell on (would be a school day off). If it was a weekend, then the following Monday would be observed (school day off). Perhaps I will appreciate this relatively new arrangement of keeping it to a Friday when KiCo goes to Primary school. I guess a longer weekend break is highly yearned hence powers over keeping to traditions. For now, it's Bleh.

 She told me it was "not nice" after carving out the top layer.




Since 2011, Children's Day date changes every year..... to facilitate Friday day off, breaking into a longer  weekend break. (I think Youth Day has also adopted the same system in keeping to a Friday and is no longer observed on 1st July). On the other hand, Deepavali keeps changing because they have to observe the moving moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment