Monday, October 20, 2014

A Night with SCO at Hong Lim 芳林之夜:新加坡华乐团

A Night with SCO at Hong Lim (Park) 芳林之夜:新加坡华乐团 18th October 2014, Saturday.

While on the way to Hong Lim Park, it drizzled and the drizzle got thicker.
When we reached there, there were already quite a lot of people. We couldn't find a seat under shelter but there was an empty chair that was being used to secure a tape around the speakers so I squeezed Kiki through the crowd and have her seated there while I stand... under the drizzle.  




 The first performance is of Drums. They were not executed 100% timely but they were considered good in my opinion as it was a casual affair. At least the performance got me thinking to go join drumming when I semi-retire. Kiki said she enjoyed the drum song more than the rest of the performances which used Chinese orchestra instruments. Well, this is her first time watching Chinese orchestra, furthermore she doesn't know any of the songs they played and couldn't really see the instruments from where she was sitting (but she recognizes the sound of Cymbals which was easy to identify). The rest of the instruments I've pointed out to her were the harp and er hu which I described as the "Chinese violin"... (sorry, not sure if it was an apt description, I was just trying to associate since there's stings & bow.) Well, she self-entertained by pretending to be the conductor, waving & swaying her arms, mimicking the conductor.

 The rain stopped shortly after the drums and everyone kept their brollies


The night turned out to be rather enjoyable for me; they played some songs that I remember as a kid listening to my uncle's playlist and frequently on the radio. But I do not know why the songs made me feel so sad.

芳林之夜:风儿轻轻吹
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McaixKK75hc&list=UU9SMbGNZCQUiCM9Vs4G9kEQ

芳林之夜:乡间的小路上 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd4hZm3yPRo&list=UU9SMbGNZCQUiCM9Vs4G9kEQ&index=2

No comments:

Post a Comment