Thursday, October 16, 2014

QQ

 
This reminder is served to myself in advance for the FINAL song in Suzuki Book 1 - Gavotte
The teacher has dished out bite-size practices (in conjunction with learning Minuet #3, plus Happy Farmer coming up next), and some of the students who have elder musical siblings are already playing Gavotte in its entirety; but we are not daunted. Not because we don't worry but because I'm past worrying. 
Anyway, I have since realized that Kiki does not need enticement in the form of toys, to be motivated in picking up a new tune. Picking up the tune in itself is motivating enough for her. Still, I would gladly get her a toy after we learn Gavotte; which in my opinion is a new-level-tough..........................................................
To tell you the naked truth, Kiki has overtaken me at the violin department. Of course she is still a raw rookie but she now plays more accurately than I. I have not mastered the double-bows at the right places, and she does. (I would need to look at my layman notes to play; she doesn't need to refer after having enough practising; which is very little practice really). So anyway, we are still enjoying our music discovery and I plan to bring her to"A Night with SOC @ Hong Lim Park" 


18th October 2014 (Saturday) 7.30pm Hong Lim Park, Conductor- Quek Ling Kiong

SYNOPSIS

SPH Gift of Music – SCO Community Concert: A Night with SCO at Hong Lim

SCO will perform at Hong Lim Park for a night of lovely songs you’ll love to sing along with! Expect popular tunes such as Historia de un Amor, Rhythm of the Rain and Under the Sea. Hong Lim Green CC Band Group and Drumming Circle will also perform with SCO in One Night in Beijing and Power Singapura! Mark your calendar and have a date with us!





No comments:

Post a Comment