Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Saturday

Last Saturday, there were only seven students & parents in class. A parent commented that besides the long-weekend, it was also perhaps because PSLE is over. So many parents & children couldn't wait for a break. Still, the teacher commented that it was not a holiday and was not a designated holiday by the music school. Anyway, because of the small attendance, her teacher asked each of them to come up to the front to play Minuet #2. Waaaa.... except for two kids, the rest of the kids had many points to improve upon, Kiki inclusive. At the end of the class, Teacher gave them each a packet of Gummi bears (rare commodity) and commented it was the reward for being 'tortured' *she joked. Nevertheless, to sooth any bruised ego, she commented that Minuet #2 is not an easy piece and said that we all made good attempts. She said next week it'll be the others' turns. LOL.

After class, we went ION to eat Ramen.

(placing an order)


 While waiting, she asked me to take a video of her doing the "demonstration" thingy...... What do you call that? KiCo watches these videos where those people (mostly Ang Mohs), opening up capsules after capsules, after capsules and more capsules of TOYS. They would open one capsule at a time, tell you about the instruction booklet (if any), blah blah blah, assemble the toy, blah blah blah play with the toy. These are GROWN UPs mind you. Grown men & women. Sometimes, they let ALL THEIR TOYS PLAY TOGETHER. ok ok. I have to be more open about these. I also play with toys. I like my miniature toys and on a rare free time, I play with them.But let me tell you, there are lots of people (adults) playing with kids toys and they make video clips and have subscribers. So anyway back to my story--- Kiki asked me to take a video of her (which I did without having a clue to what she was up to), she then proceeded to explain about the new toy she has. Showing how to open the capsule, instructions booket, blah blah blah, followed by a demonstration on how the toy car works, lastly, how to store the toy back into its capsule. -_-"""""""


She commented that she feels -- she was eating from a Dog Bowl.

Then we went shopping, supposedly I wanted to find some dresses etc. Then we stopped by the kids' section and got stuck there FOREVER. Hairbands after hairbands she tried them on. (ended up buying two). And several pairs of shoes and boots she tried on (ended up buying two pairs too). Girls, girls!
By then I was so tired and just wanted to go home. Alas, there was no bus! Road closure. I was tired and wasn't aware that I had thrown a tantrum -- I said- Can you hold your own violin! I am tired of carrying it! She quickly took over the violin case. and offered to carry the shopping bags. Oops....... sorry baby. I was just a tad tired. I did let her carry the violin case the rest of the journey but not the heavy bags although she tried to show me they weren't heavy. Ruling by fear or intimidation is not good practice, be it with children or adults. It is emotional blackmail and bullying. So ya, I am not fond of that nor fond of doing that.  We hopped onto the train and changed onto a bus to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment