Friday, August 15, 2014

Stories we enjoy

 She asked me to read her the story about Father Mouse looking for a big, Giant to marry his daughter.
What big giant? I asked.
There, big sun, big cloud? She got exasperated because she couldn't call out that Chinese word.

Oh..... 伟大 does not mean big in size,,,  伟大 means... greatness, big in generosity, big in courage, big in contribution, big in character and not just about size. I explained.
To this she exclaimed in tears-- Why didn't you tell me earlier!
(Emo!) Me faint. Haha.

 Father mouse wants to find someone great to marry his daughter.
He thought to himself, I shall ask the Sun. etc. etc.

Sun humbly referred Mouse to Cloud, for which Cloud surely is greater than himself since Cloud could shield Sun's shine.

 Cloud humbly declined; he said Wind could blow him to any corner.
Wind said no, no; a Wall will block him access and freedom.
And Wall said, - You, my dear Mouse, is the greatest; you chew through me!


And so, a fellow Mouse Neighbour took the hand of Maiden Mouse.

Greatness is within you, seek no further. 


No comments:

Post a Comment