Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Last Night

Last night I returned to the court after a long break to address my emotions about playing with the group of people who dominates the games in what I feel; done in a distasteful manner. Being a peace-lover, I am by nature rather accommodating, so I told myself to better cool down, draw deep breaths, and only to return to the games when I feel more zen. After all, why would I wanna let a few such people get in the way of good spirits. It's not my prerogative to mother-hen them nor was it a leadership or team building boot camp. So I would just relax and enjoy the sport as well as mingle with the rest of the individuals who came to the game alone. There are people from all walks of life; an India girl who grew up in South Africa, a Malaysian girl who works in Hong Kong (and now Singapore) who laughs about her size-9 feet, an Ang Moh lady who asked me to hold on to her wedding ring (when I was resting and she was playing), etc. etc. So ya, I went back to the court last night and was happy I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment