Monday, January 16, 2017

Sundays with Colin

On Saturday during violin class, Kiki was about to develop a fever and she told me the bones of her legs were very painful. She was feeling cold and I lent her my sweater which she said weighed a ton. I told her to bear with it as the class would be over in no time. Before we left home, she was not showing these symptoms hence I didn't know. Anyway, Kiki told me sickness is like the Pokemon leveling up, getting stronger, and that bone aches is like mega evolution; very painful. Well, at least she takes it in her stride.

Sunday, of course we skipped swim class, I can't possibly send her swimming, right? In fact, she's taking Monday off so that she can fully recover (Monday is also CCA day, I didn't wanna stretch her till 4pm). School days waking up at 5.50am and lasting till 4pm is really quite a stretch for kids, luckily it's only on Mondays that she has CCA, but some other days she has piano & the other violin too. Anyway.... that's typical for our children these days.

So, Sundays with Colin yesterday, begun early.



We brought the dinosaur from The Good Dinosaur out with us. This little fella hatched from a Zaini chocolate egg. (Zaini is similar to Kinder Bueno Eggs but Kinder does not make their chocolate in egg shells anymore, so Zaini is the choice now. Plus they've got more interesting toys. Kinder's toys are not well thought, they are generic and forgettable. Don't know what happened to them).


Dino in pocket


Anyway, luckily Colin is not hung up on stuff. He's easy going and we just spent time strolling around the mall. We read a Chinese book (one short story) while on the bus, Colin liked the story and asked me to read it again.  (Happy me).



Catching virtual Koi
At the food court. The cheapest on the menu of this Hokkien Mee stall-- $6.90
The rest of the Hokkien Mee variations were priced at $10, $12, $14 and above. 
Well, the the food court at ION is one of the Atas ones. Even the food court at Parkway also has some stalls going the Atas way. Anyway, the Hokkien Mee we had was nice (except the prawns). I guess the fresher prawns were reserved for the reserved prices, it's pure economics.
When you order food at food courts these days, you'd better specify your order accurately.
The other day at Parkway, I ordered - Bak Chor Mee, the fella gave me their "signature" Bak Chor Mee that comes with abolone $10.90 for one bowl of Bak Chor Mee.  

 Photo exhibition (Ballet)

 ice cream waffle biscuit

 a good companion for my window shopping....

 I had wanted to bring Colin to the viewing gallery on the 55th floor of ION Orchard. Alas,,,,,,,, the inexperienced Mom (that's me), didn't count on the number of foreign domestic helpers on a Sunday to form the queue an hour before the opening time........ why would people queue so much in advance when they've been told that the open hour is at 3?  Even when we were that at 2.30 the queue was 12 meters long, we were told that it might take up till 4pm if we join the queue then because they only let 10pax up into the lift at one time. Why can't everyone just stroll there at the opening hour and stagger the entry instead of "chopping" their spaces in advance.......... queues, queues, queues, I guess we will either go there on a weekday or be prepared to queue next time.


 This week's reminder


There was once, a very long time ago, my friend was minding Hong Kong actress Rosamund Kwan when she was in Singapore. My friend was bringing her to Zouk (which was just opposite my old place) and my friend asked me to join them. For a second I thought-- wow, what a chance. But then I said- no, no, no thanks!  Gosh, was I silly to pass up the chance. In my mind, all I saw was a short, plump-to-the-extent-of-fat person (that's me), standing next to a gorgeous star. Gosh, I would dwarf next to her, just take a look at Reese standing next to two tall ladies, and Reese is nothing but pretty standing alone. In this photo, she looks dwarfed.   


Colin love From. to Mummy. 
Dear Mummy, Happy Chinese New Year. Colin.


Dear Colin,

I get a lot of complaints that I don't seem to love you enough.
That is because all the people see what they see on Facebook and they think that I love your sister more than what is fair. They judge me for not displaying my love for you and they ask me to admit that I love you less.

The thing is, they couldn't have known better. Who would?

My love for you will shelter you from the prerequisites for a cookie-cutter life (which your sister might be subjected to). I don't know how life will unfold but I know you're the sweetest little boy any mother or sister could ask for. 

Love,

Mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment