Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Look at it another way


 So, yesterday we went to a trade show. It is a closed-door event that is meant for military personnel and their partners. I had gone to and fro with the organiser, they've finally given us the clearance to visit the show although they do not quite understand any relevance to our trade. 


 I have to say that we were a little out-of-place at the uniformed event but I've got what we went there for--- a working list (of names, that is).

I've got a lot of unearthing and emailing to do. Google them, read their work, find them on Linkedin and other social medias, get in touch with them, etc.


Graphene is a material that is almost transparent, has radiowaves frequency, harder than diamond, yet flexible (manipulative). It conducts electricity, heat, and could be manipulated for sensors, coating (lacquer), fabric (yes, invisible cloaks), and many other applications.

You see, this material is so advance, only scientists and researchers would get excited over it. 
And perhaps nerds or an incredibly day-dreamy person like me would get excited over it too. 
Excitement aside, I still need to mince the information and present it in such a way that companies and lay person could comprehend. If not, the idea becomes too far-fetched and the message becomes lost in translation. Most people could not see it in their brain or in their mind, or their imagination that those so called Sci-fi stuff are friction no more. 
 
There are many, many, many obstacles in promoting this product. Firstly -- How do you incorporate the material into your existing product/equipment. Secondly- Why. Thirdly -- for that kind of money, is it worth the commercial risk & investment expense. Fourthly -- How. How are they gonna do it

Surely manufacturing people would know better than me. Scientists would know better than me. So what is my role then? 

First and foremost, I have to be realistic that commercial companies are not willing nor ready to jump onto the bandwagon. They are not inclined to Go Green, at least not in a large scale in this region. So for them, I would do an "Outreach Programme". That is to plant the seeding ideas and find partners that could facilitate (labs) and fund (grants). 

The ready markets are the R&D & Defense (military). Even then, we will have to knock on doors.





 very bitter cup of latte................ surprised that i could sleep last night. 



I had no transport to go home last night.
The regular van was taken by the testing department and my colleague has an appointment so I just hitched a ride to wherever it takes me, which was to People's Park.
I looked all over for CNY cards but there wasn't any. Nobody sends cards anymore.

 A majestic looking Rooster.

Orh Luak  $5
very nice


This was at..... Peace Centre (Selegie Road)
I transited there to get my bus home 

No comments:

Post a Comment