Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Sing!

While making our way to the cinemas, KiCo said to me- "Mama, don't worry, you won't cry this time because this movie is made by the people from Minions and The Secret Life of Pets, it won't be a sad movie", they comforted me.

LOL. Me feeling embarrassed, "No, I didn't cry, it's just tears rolling, it's not the same". 

Spoke too soon.

 After the office's CSR, I made it in time for the movie.
Again, Colin skipped speech & drama class. I think we will stop speech and drama after this term (ends in Feb 2017) and make Tuesdays our movie night.

 Oh how I LOVE the voice of Matthew McConaughey. LOVE.
Ever since "Kubo", I've paid more attention to his voice. Perhaps the lack of his face and body made his voice more prominent, or perhaps he has become a better voice-actor.


 Reese is in this as well as Scarlet Johansson.

 The entire movie is a melting pot for all sorts of emotional knots, awaiting to be untied.

You've got abusive boyfriend issues (not the physical abusive type, but the verbal, emotional abusive type, you know, demeaning, belittling and down right critical type of abuse).

You've got the neglected housewife issues.

You've got the "I'm meant to be rich" desire issues.

You've got the overly meek to the extent of being a push-over issues.

A few others, but the one that got me was the Gorilla. And I don't know why. 



I must keep a lookout for this actor- Taron Egerton. He was the voice for Johnny the gorilla. 
Although I do not quite fathom why his story stung the most........... oh. Perhaps it was the Parent-child relationship that was a tad more piercing. I have always had a soft sport for children who were born into bad environments. And the parents who eventually said - fuck it, just go! (as in - Go! Go pursue your dreams! despite the initial letdown they might have about their child not filling up their shoes).


Angry father says - You are NOT my son!
You're nothing like me!
(shouldn't he be glad his son is nothing like him? yet it pains my heart that all the son wants is to love his father). 

2 comments:

  1. Ah. I will have to go Paris to watch it in version original aka English. Went to watch the Trolls recently at the nearby cinema in French. Even the songs! Not the same thing sadly! But well.... no fish, shrimps also good (In Hokkien). BTW, your kids enjoyed? Did they cry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have to watch Sing in English. They've got "your song". It may sound strange but I would prescribe this movie to parents in general. KiCo enjoyed the movie very much too, they laughed and sang to many of the songs. They didn't cry because they have not developed the depth in psychoanalizing the characters. Haha.

    ReplyDelete