Saturday, December 31, 2016

Another New Year is Another New Day



My co-worker asked me this morning: "Why are you at work today?"
Me: "Because it is my shift"
She: "But you have never worked a Saturday, you always take leave"
Me: "Well, I didn't apply for leave today."

So that was the end of trying to get me to say something to the pleasure of her ears but the truth be told, what I said was plain and accurate. The best part of it is that I don't feel the grind anymore. When you've gotta work, work. It's that simple. 


 
My version:-
(1) Do something you're good at. If you're not good at it yet, improve yourself while you're at it. 
(2) Making people's lives better, in big or small ways. 
(3) Feeling appreciated. Appreciation will fuel your motivation. In case it runs low at some corners, you could top it up with doses of motivation of your own, like to to the gym or go for a swim. 

Happy New Year, people. 
May you have all the cables you can watch, all the data you can use, all the laughter you can't contain, and all the good food your tongue can taste. 

See you in a jiffy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment