Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Weekday

So last night, I got home thinking to have an ice cream sandwich for dinner only to discover that the new tub of ice cream was almost empty....... it was a huge tube, was it 1 ltr?  The kids were disappointed, because they were looking forward to it. They asked who ate the whole tub of ice cream. None other than my father-in-law of course. He either over eats or forgets to eat. Or tells us that he has eaten when he actually hasn't. I told the kids that it was all right, and that I would get them another tub soon.



when your father-in-law ate the kids' new tub of ice cream, you can only be glad it wasn't movenpick's


 To complete the word, I suggested "mutton", she suggested "mutt".
I said there's no such a word as "mutt". She says yes, and proceeded to find her storybook where she had came across that word. Turned out "Mutt" refers to mixed breed dogs. Oh. Okay, I didn't know.

My colleague and I didn't get into an argument but I had to disagree with him. We didn't argue because I stopped talking. That's all. 

He didn't believe anyone would be so generous as to give up a first-class seat in exchange for a business class seat. He didn't think that there could be selfless people. He thinks that SIA must have compensated the passenger with miles. He says no one would be that generous to let go of a price difference of a thousand dollars or more just to let Schooling's mom sit next to Schooling and to have a first-class seat. I asked why not. Just because he wouldn't does not mean other people wouldn't. I thought I was cynical but he was worse. I might have given up my seat too if being approached under those circumstances. I mean, hey, if you would have learned of what gone through, you might just show your appreciation by sacrificing your own comfortable space. Anyway, according to the article, it was the journalist who had approached a group of lady passengers at the first-class section to ask if anyone of them would be willing to exchange seats with Schooling's mom as the journalist would like to interview the two of them together and at the same time, perhaps allow the mom to have a better rest after the interview. Among the group, one lady volunteered, and she joked that her condition was that she wants an autograph from Schooling, as well as a photograph with him. She joked and she got her wishes. Why is that so hard to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment