Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Suicide Squad


 went for a movie by myself. last night.

luckily, the fight scenes were not too gaudy so i won't have to hide behind my palms like a juvenile. 
i think the juveniles might be more accustomed to these kind of movies than me. 
oh ya, first, there was the remake of  the song - "You don't own me" which reminds me of the fond movie - "The First Wives Club".  

THEN, there was a song i wasn't expecting but i liked it very much, the remake and remix of - "The Rain" by Oran "Juice" Jones 1986. But I distinctively know that the remix says "Standing in the rain" while the version ingrained in me says "Walking in the rain". what memories the song brought! my gosh, the countless days at the roller skating rink! I must have skated to this song like a few hundred times. Be it Walking in the rain or Standing in the rain, this new remix is so cool!

Okay, about the movie. It's so.....spiritual? preachy? 
Well, comics are often about good versus evil, and the complexities of 500 shades of grey between being good or being evil. About judgement. About redemption. About how the "low lives" of society might eventually be the ones to save your day. About the big-heartedness of the misfits. About how not to be bitter. (there is no how, there is only to surrender)

Joker says - "Desire is Surrender. Surrender is Power"

(the key to reach your desires is to surrender. the key to gain power is also through surrendering)

To surrender does not mean we do not fight.
To surrender means, to surrender the outcome.


I Surrender!

No comments:

Post a Comment