Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Good Dinosaur



 Everything was well about the show except I didn't quite like it that they keep driving the message about having to "make your mark in this world". It's like every child (especially the sons), are always trying to seek a form of approval from his Father, to be acknowledged as someone useful, or to achieve a feat or series of feats in order to earn acceptance of his family.  If the Father (or both Parents) has a "moving target", then it will never be enough to fulfill their expectations. That, to me, is the crack of any relationship. 


 I asked Colin to pose as Spot, with a growling face, the best he could do is this---

 LOL


 She read it as 我的感觉  instead of 我的感受 (means she's just guessing the word)

So I explained that although they are both simplified as "Feelings",  感觉 is kinesthetic feelings eg: warm, hot, cold, cool. While 感受 is emotive feelings eg: anger, jealousy, sad, loneliness.
I gave her a list of phrases and when I got to "feeling hungry", I wasn't sure if feeling hungry is 感觉 or 感受.... -_-"?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment