Monday, December 7, 2015

The Freedom Writers

An entire class of misfits, at-risks and no-motivation students meet a Gung-ho newbie teacher is the recipe for Kleenex or shall I say Beautex. 

By the time I settled down last night to channel surf, I've only managed to catch about 45 mins of the show but bullets of tears streamed down my face. I should have been a teacher. Kidding. I think I won't have the stamina to last, I might become as dark as them if I fail to breakthrough their walls. 

But there are people like Miss G, whose heart is titanium. No, that's not quite apt. Whose heart is like a slow burning charcoal. Fuels through.

Despair is a very low feeling. And it gets worse if you see that all around you, your peers, your community is like that. Alas, someone with a titanium-charcoal heart won the trust of these students and they went on to the "change the world" as we call it.  

A toast to change. A toast to Miss G.

I hope to catch it again from the beginning.

The Freedom Writers (2006)  -- casts in photo above, (Miss G in pink, fifth person from front row, Hilary in black sweater, seventh from front row)

1993, the real students in photo below.



 actress Hilary Swank

the real Miss G.  -  Teacher Erin Gruwell


All photos via Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment