Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Play by Ear

 Turned out the Little Lady is such a joy. I had much fun churning out Joy to the World and Twinkle. 
Jingle Bells was so-so for me.  I could even do 99% of Long Long Ago (except the harmonica is short of one note...... alas. If not I could play it on harmonica and she can do it on violin and we can go busking to raise funds to buy an 88-key keyboard to practise and prepare for her grade 1 exams next March... time is tight now, we need to practise but we haven't got an equipped keyboard yet. It won't be long, bonus is coming. Although this year's bonus is small, still, I'm thankful for it).

Meanwhile, I am keenly awaiting gold-plated Little Lady to come through the mail. That is the birthday present I've gotten for myself (which I think will be the last of my $1-gold-coin-birthday-present- series).

I thought I might interest Kiki to play with  the Little Lady with my notes. The arrows tell you when to inhale or exhale while you move alongside left or right. You don't need to memorize this because if you do, it's no fun. It is more fun just to trial and error, when you do get a tune going, it would be like- Hey! 



The last of the $1 gold coin piggy bank present. 
$137 this year because I had used $400 earlier. 
The bank charges a service fee for coin deposits. Even with the kid's accounts which previously was a free service for kids to deposit their coins savings into their savings accounts.

Now that we've started putting aside $5 notes, I think that might be faster than putting aside $1 coins although the frequency of coming across $5 is lesser. 


No comments:

Post a Comment