Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Good Morning. What Nonsense!


The Papa brought Lancelot to the car workshop for some minor repair (dunno what he said about bearings). So we went breakfast without him.  It's the same St. Marc that we go to but they don't serve the ice-cream waffles before noon anymore. Why? I asked. We used to have them for breakfast- I said to the server. But the server says she doesn't know about what's the past, anyway they don't serve ice-cream waffles before noon anymore.

So Kiki was asking me - Mama, can I stir the coffee for you?

Me: No, you may not. 

Kiki: Why?

Me: Because they say that it is bad to stir other people's coffee. It is bad luck for you. (Actually, I can't remember what taboo thingy I had read, all I remember is that it says don't stir other people's coffee. But it wasn't because of the taboo that I forbade her to stir the coffee, I just didn't want any accidental knock or spillage.)

Kiki: What nonsense! How can it be! 

Me: (Stunned)

Kiki: What nonsense is this? What bad luck all nonsense! How can it be true?

Me: (feeling somewhat ashamed, brushed off and changed the subject)


No comments:

Post a Comment