Monday, August 24, 2015

Weekend August



Aunt Julie called and ask me if I want a set of these new, commemorative notes or not. 
I said- Don't want lah, for what? Keep, keep, keep, also never use it. 
She went- Don't want? I queue up ley you don't want? Everybody also queue up you know. 
I said- Okay lor. Just one set.


Elsewhere from the internet.....
 Sent this picture to Synnie. I said - Hey hey, we go make this suit for CNY. 
She sent me a "wildly in love" emoticon. 
I replied- but cannot so low cut
She replied- Of course lah!  



From my online marketing group, one member is a "quit smoking" coach and she does it via phone. 
I was wondering how she charges, like, is it per session, per minute, per phone call or what.
There are always things to learn about other people's businesses.
Then I went to visit her website and saw the note above. 



She asked, "Are there any male roles out there that they don't mind switching to female?"
So the filmmakers tweaked a little to give her the role.
That's what I call - Asking the right questions. 




I have always thought that I am too serious; most people wouldn't bat and eyelid when they rattle  mindlessly about this and that and that and this. They don't take words literally and they have no slightest intentions of fulfilling their superficial remarks. Anyway, I just let them pass because birds of a feather flock together. 




 Mushroom pizza, the French kind. (Pissaladiere). 

 Chendol in an Atas presentation. 

Where I grew up, I used to watch my uncle make the Green Jelly Chendol at night. The process involves boiling starch, add food colouring and I'm not sure if there were other ingredients, perhaps pandan leaves. Pour the starch over a big, metal sieve that is placed over a big bucket filled with cool water. The tadpole shaped Chendols will set and harden overnight. That business was to supply to the Chinese restaurants. 

 Sunday night

No comments:

Post a Comment