Thursday, August 6, 2015

SG50, Brick & Mortar.


So much nostalgia just by viewing these photographs.

These photos are from my cousin's friend- Ken's FB, who visited the exhibition. The art installation is at the National Library (main branch at Bras Brasah Road) until 28th August. Project:  "The Little Red Brick" is part of "Past Forward: Hearts and Crafts" exhibition to celebrate SG50. The structures are made with Lego bricks although mainly with bricks that are unique pieces (not the common rectangular or square bricks).



 The house I grew up in, are exactly of this structure but they were not this colourful (until the early 90s).

 Tiong Bahru! I visited one uncle who lived there, once in a year during CNY. Always fascinated by the interlinking balcony then...

I had one of these, mine was the Parachute game. My uncle Daniel smashed it into pieces after failing to clear 200 saves with 3 lives. He got 199 and he smashed it. Said will buy me another one but never did. 1984? How many years ago man.

 I was not very garang with playground and it took me a while to run along the spine of the dragon. There was one dragon playground just behind our bus stop but I hard had the chance to play there.

 The slow, old, humid buses with journeys that took forever.

 The cold room buses

Happy Birthday, Singapore!

No comments:

Post a Comment