Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Primary 1 Registration


After years of wanting to apply to Tao Nan, we changed plans at the 11th hour and applied with Ngee Ann. Upon making that decision, I felt my shoulders lightened and stress halved. Phew...... no need to take whatever mandatory higher Chinese. As it is, the regular, standard Chinese may be challenging enough for us. Along with everything else.

The confirmation letter finally arrived in the mails yesterday. Yeah! We're in!

TEST DRIVE TO THE LOCATION 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO APPLICATION DATE

The P1 registration is quite an intense event for many parents, especially first-time P1 parents trying to get to either a popular school or a school within walking vicinity, worse still if the school within walking vicinity is popular or over-subscribed. 
 
Few weeks before our registration date, I mulled over the possibility of applying to Ngee Ann Primary School. The only "draw back" for me was that logistically, it takes about 20 mins to walk there, how are we to send her to school so early in the morning and then beat the traffic from East to West. Some more.... next year MAYBE no car liao........or should I say -- likely no car liao. my logistics might become dreadful...  (Maricar has to settle Colin's school.. so),  the return trip should be okay, etc. etc. running thoughts. Anyway, we discussed and Bren was supportive of the change in plans given that we've got a better chance with Ngee Ann since we're within 1km also.


 29 JULY 2015, PRIMARY 1 REGISTRATION DAY


 
I do know that the academic road ahead may not be fun everyday, but we will try our best to ride the wave. After six years of prenatal care, postnatal enrichment, the time has come for a new phase in Primary school education. I need to rest before I can carry on. So........ let me rot a little bit.
(and they say the REAL challenge is during P4 & P5!)  Whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment