Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Learning Chinese Spelling



 These words and sentences are prescribed by the Chinese centre for  Sunday's spelling test

I don't know what kind of .... morbid brain I have, every time I come across generic 爸爸,妈妈 terms in exercises, I always....... feel that they should do away with these... no lah. I don't really mean that. I only feel that for those kids without a parent...... for instance this K1 or K2 kid with a single parent or no parents, having to learn to write a sentence like this "妈妈教我写字。" how would it hurt that little heart and soul. Makes me wanna cry. But that's just me lah, not every kid feel they are missing something. Maybe some don't feel a thing. 


this is copied from school's whyte board.

Book issued by school, one book per week to bring home, and then returned to class to be recited in class. Not all books have HanyuPinying. This one happens to have a summary page. So far we've maintained the "three stars" reading status except for one book which was not brought home because it was some busy week and the regular class was skipped, hence that book was read without preparation (tested on-the-spot), that one got "two stars". Both Kiki and I are so hung up on that "two stars" status. We both felt that that single book marred our otherwise "Michelin" result chart. I think it's not healthy for me to be too hung up on this, I've got to relax because it will get harder from here and I'd better prepare myself for......... I dunno, tougher standards I guess. 


No comments:

Post a Comment