Friday, March 20, 2015

School's Outing

The school organised a trip to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. 
(while there, my cell phone changed service provider and read "celcom". our neighbouring country is in sight)
 


One section of the park was closed for maintenance, so our nature trail was shortened to an hour instead of 1.5 hours. No body minded the shortened walk. We are to submit 3 sketches / briefs / drawings / paintings of 3 different flora / fauna / happenings / we've observed from the trail.




The Nursery class teacher distributed handmade coloured viewers which the N2 children made in class.


The real Mudskipper surely ain't cartoony nor adorable as depicted but Kiki was delighted to see it blink. 
(I also saw it blinked)


Sketch of Mudskipper






The school prepared our lunch. 

I sketched this for Colin to submit


Kiki sketched this for her own submission. The Fly that was caught on web says- "Spider!"



(we referred to a mural painting at the park, hence, the outline is similar)
 Rachael's Squirrel (above)

My Squirrel (below)
We spotted a few Squirrels while there. It is always delightful to watch these nimble animals. 
I know you might have heard of this story, so bear with me please.
The Squirrel had brought me a friend. 
There was a period of time, I had not spoken more than what was necessary. 
At work, I ostracized myself.
One day, a Squirrel fell from a tree and it scrambled across my path and flew up onto the nearest tree. 
I had to tell somebody! I turned around and saw a colleague. I exclaimed- Did you see that! It's a Squirrel! And that colleague smiled and told me she sees them every other day. (squirrel). 
Since then, we became very good friends. Till this day. So I say, the Squirrel brought me a friend. 
This self-exclusion happened for years. 
In Pre-U, I generally had not talked to my classmates (except 2 of them) for 2.5 years. 
It was until the last 6 months that I broke my silence. 
I think I had a problem. But really, it isn't a real, real problem. 
I just didn't like to (1) gossip, (2) pretend, (3) talk about my problems. 


I sketched this as a bonus for her teacher. 

A Dragonfly that had yellow/black stripes flew to and fro across our path. Initially, we thought it was a bee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment