Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Last Saturday, 28th March 2015

 Class as per normal on Saturday. We warmed up at the stairwell again. 


I reminded her that she has to give up her Chu-chuk when she turns 6 next week. 
I reminded her that when she was 4, she made a BD wish that she could have her Chuk till 5. 
Not knowing the depth of her attachment, I foolishly told her she could have it till 6. 
And so, 6 is round the bend. 
She is very sad indeed. She tears quietly each time she thinks about it.
I asked if she wants to bury her two Chuks in the garden (down stairs) or throw them into the waste bin. 
She chose the waste bin. 
So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I think I should do the throwing lah. Too cruel to make her do it although it would drive home the point that the Chuk era has ended. 


Her teacher gave an impromptu, quick lesson on Majulah Singapura and I was very touched by both her gesture and the music. I think those few days, tears were always threatening at the brims.
She needn't do that but she did it anyway. She was in no hurry with the curriculum and took time to give us a piece of music that was very poignant at that point in time. She said- So now, you can go home and practise and play your national anthem tomorrow. (referring to LKY's state funeral procession). 
 
 In the next heartbeat, her teacher went back to class curriculum.
The kids had an unusual exercise, they paired up, one kid playing the strings, the other bowing. Totally gotta trust your buddy.


After class, my sis came to pick us up and we went to Tanjong Pagar CC to join the community tribute, after all, our parents were settlers from Boat Quay and the Bukit Ho Swee area had our roots.
 Kiki wrote that she appreciates the Playground in the air port. (She forgot "thank you" because she thought Yew sounded like You, in her hurry, she missed "thank you"). Anyway.

Finally, I know what I want to thank Mr. Lee for. 
None other than the banning of chewing gum! 
I know we bear the brunt of being called a "Nanny state" because of bans like these. 
It's like we don't even have the liberty to chew gum. To the West, that's like LKY was an atrociously suppressive person. Perhaps he was. I am not in the position to defend that, however, about the Gum, I say it is a good thing he banned it. Because people basically are uncivilized when it comes to that. They stick used gum everywhere. On seats, under seats. Seats on buses, cinemas, restaurants, coffee shops; in schools, on pavements, inside libraries, inside toilets. ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE. If you had never had your expensive skirts ruined or your long hairs stuck with gum, you may not understand what a nuisance it was. So until such time when we could prove civility, I say we'd better chew privately if you really miss it. 

After dinner, we bumped into my sis' colleague who lived at the Pinnacle at Duxton.
He lent us the gate pass and we went to the sky garden on the 50th floor to catch the wind and view.


No comments:

Post a Comment