Monday, March 16, 2015

Clambering Up

 We are happy to read this Mary Poppins book, it cleverly fills each page with words themed A to Z.

Kiki learned this from her Speech & Drama teacher. Her teacher told her-- "Don't say 'Cheap, cheap, cheap' or you would sound like a chick. Say- 'Inexpensive' instead". 

So we started to collect some new words to expand our vocab. 

As I was jotting down "Clambers" onto my list of words, Kiki disagreed that it was a new word. She says we've learned "Clambering Up" from another book, and she rattled off about Donald Duck scaling a mountain etc. I was treating her in a dismissal manner when suddenly it occurred to me that she was correct! To confirm it, I pulled out the other book she was talking about. It isn't a story book, it is an encyclopedia book of words. That series of Disney collections are my cousin Janice's treasure. She gave them to Kiki and told me that those are her treasures, not only did she read them till she was quite old, she kept them in mint conditions. I told Janice that when she gets married and have a child, I would return her her treasures.




No comments:

Post a Comment