Friday, April 13, 2018

Last Friday Night


So, one of my customers had trouble finding quotations for bathroom shelves and had been more persistent in demanding our quotation.
I've already sent our inquiry to half a dozen suppliers but they all reply to no avail, some didn't bother to reply because these trade is retail, they are not pro-email nor are they pro in managing their web traffic contact forms.
I asked my colleague- Choo, to send me to IMM to source for the required.
We shopped five different stores and I settled on this because not only is the price most reasonable, it comes with warranty. $53/-  versus some without warranty and priced at $138/-


So anyway, it was late in the evening when my boss asked if I wanna join him for dinner with our new Manufacturer from Odessa, Texas, USA (and his team of Technicians). My boss is really-- I don't know what to say about him. He has so much up-and-coming new projects and he is releasing the new job tasks to me in bite-size portions. I am not sure if he is afraid that if he were to offload the many new tasks to me, I might retaliate? (because I am the most underpaid Sales person in his team and he relies on me more than what he pays me?) But still he will have to offload at one time or another, he can't be literally doing the job himself, he needs executioners, managers (to manage the workflow), and he needs input and he needs reports, plus he needs people to vet his reports. So anyway, this is not the time to be calculative, this is the time to FURTHER fill up the INCREASED space and just do more work. Hopefully, he will truly recognize the support I give, to him and for the company as a whole. No time to bitch, doing real work is already taking up time and brain cells, okay? 


Man Tou
the Chinese version of hard roll, haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment