Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Soft Skills Rock!


Work-over Rig (portable, land rig)

 Yay, hope to tag along when my customer visits my manufacturer. 
One whole year of ding-dong, ding-dong, managing their expectations, negotiating and re-negotiating. Patience running thin, luckily I've managed to hold them together. 
Always, do your best and hope for the best. 
These kind of work makes me happy. Are the equipment beautiful?
Robust beauty


Besides Hard Skills, you've got to have Soft Skills. 

Executive Presence, Communication (a lot of people can't convey their messages clearly), Presentation (I don't have this), Public Speaking (I laggi don't have this skill), Listening (surely I hear even unspoken meanings), Business Etiquette, Leadership, Motivation, Team Work, Writing Skills.  

The key, is--- to have the ability to fully understand, empathize the stance of all stakeholders. Go through in your mind, what's fair for each of them (including yourself), then, still in your mind, put everyone together and co-relate each stakeholder's situation. Discuss with them, know that they may be reactive. Listen, internalize, discuss again. Always let them know that we are in this together and really mean it, get everyone protected (state and agree on terms). Lastly, it works best when all the stakeholders are confident and reliable people. 


My sis, is like Colin & Brendan, they make friends easily. 
Kiki told me that school students will just walk up to Colin and say: -- Hi, what's your name?
Then they'll exchange names and just like that, they become "friends". Friendly acquaintance.

Kiki, is more like me. We are very reserved and we have few friends. 

Try as I might, I still do not like talking to people. 
Call me insecure or incompetent, I don't really care. 

Ang Mohs trying out Pineapple Tarts (dog shaped) 


Yay, we have a Bookworm in the house =) 


Granny doing exercises at the hospital. 

She's happier there and she doesn't want to come back to our place where we are ill-equipped for a half-paralyzed person. The hospital or hospice is not all gloom and doom. They are very different now. They are made in such a way that they resemble common living space like HDB common areas, supermarkets and what-nots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment