Thursday, February 1, 2018

Hit me baby, one more time.

 After we got home, Kiki does her other violin practice while I showered.
Then we go through 5 pages of chinese homework. Some stuff she got the sequence wrong, hence I drew the "reverse" symbol, to which she has never seen and said that she can't simply just use a symbol to indicate "tom balik". Well at least I've taught her the malay slang Tom Balik and she remembers it. LOLOL.

Tonight, got to run errands at the music school. 
Fees................................ increment..........$$$

RSVP for an award ceremony. Yay! Just when I was thinking of giving up!

Seriously, although it was for our Grade 1 exams (that was like last May?) the ceremony gave me a boost in energy. Coincidentally, her teacher was also telling me to register her for Grade 2 exams this year. She doesn't think we should skip grades, so I guess, we will............................. take one step at a time. 

I also wanna remind the school about the certificate of participation they said they would give us but hasn't. Got to start building a file in case we want to use music to get into a secondary school of our choice and may need to go through I dunno what DSA auditioning kind of stuff. Teacher told me don't simply have no goals, time will just slip me by. She says aim for something and work for it. Actually she said work extremely hard for it but I don't like the "hard" part so I leave that out of my equation. But it's still hard lah har. We're not born with it (talent) but we're happy doing it (journey). 



Just when you were about to feel Tired, you get a form of encouragement.
And then you feel----- Happy inside.
Then you forget all the tears and sweat, and fear (of having not enough money to live a life you desire) and you say - Hit me baby, one more time! (Go for it! Give it to me!)

Don't know why these days some people don't understand the word "hit". They think it's the physical action of hitting. You can hit the roads (go on an adventure), you can "hit me" (as in signalling to the  Black Jack dealer to give you one more card, it also means- yes, one more please), you can hit the gym (go do something tedious), you can hit on a person (flirt), you can hit it (asking the DJ to play a popular tune) or lastly, you can say hit it when you're meaning to tell the person to pay up.  Sooooooo many meaning to "hit" okay..... 




No comments:

Post a Comment