Monday, September 4, 2017

Taipei 2017


 So Val & I went back to Taipei after a 12 year gap. 
For me it was 12 years but she has been there a few more times with her family. 
She didn't wanna go hot spring & I didn't wanna go rural, so we stayed in the city. 



 random stickers graffiti

 sewerage lid that has picture of the forest & sea

 the Ximeng Ding MRT station is just 2 mins walk from our 4-star motel (the one on the right, with orange signage). Everything was fine except to note that the walls are VERY thin, and that the sole lift there takes a long time to service 8 floors, so ask for second floor if possible so that you won't need to rely on the lift.(no wonder the counter staff delightfully informed that she has issued us the 'best' room which turned out to be on the second floor)

 park
 first morning on a holiday and I had TOTALLY forgot about my non-meat breakfast commitment.
i had only remembered about it after buying the Xiao Long Bao, and Val doesn't want them all, she says her breakfast is huge enough.


 Val's rice with omelette 


 Val swears by the hairdressing skills there and had made appointments online


 very nice loh meat rice. we shared. (Formosa Chang at Wu Fen Pu area)


Lonely bear eating by himself.
I sent Kiki this photo.
The next day, she asked if I had carried the bear there to let him eat at the diner.
LOL, children ask innocent questions.

 we ate cup noodles at the hotel's pantry

This time, we had one bowl each.
The other time, we shared one small bowl!


The Eslite is the Taiwanese version of Kinokuniya bookshop plus all sorts of local designed products- bags, shoes, cultural stuff, toys, glassware, handicrafts -- all so dainty and made with lots of thoughts and authenticity.

 we shared again, cos we didn't want to stuff ourselves. 

not meat, these are carrot cake & yam cake. only one mini Taiwan sausage that was meat.



ours


 Gender Equality office





 at Din Tai Fung

 airport
The most wonderful thing I've discovered about myself this trip is that I no long feel down, depressed or lousy over not buying stuff. I no longer have the desire to buy everything I see or like. In short, I have kicked the binge-buying habit, I hope!
I feel happy when I buy but I don't feel lousy when I don't.
What a relief to be freed. 


bought these for Kiki & Colin's teachers. Teacher Anita, Teacher Zhang, Teacher (dunno surname- Chinese teacher), Tutor Jessica. 
Shiseido lip balms, very nice to use! I love them.
I gave Kiki the dog design while I took the Man with mustache design.

 USD charging hair curlers. one for my sis, one for me.

 auto off

 Boys' clothing for Colin

 Kiki's





 Dog stuff for the girl who loves them


This nano-puzzle is DAMN HARD TO ASSEMBLE.
Spent hours and not done. 

 For myself
 For my mom and one more brighter coloured coin purse for teacher S.

 made in Taiwan stickers. as far as possible, we bought mostly Taiwanese & Korean made products cos Val doesn't support PRC made products.


I bought an exfoliate scrub & toner, they threw in some facial masks.
Val bought A WHOLE LOT MORE and they threw in even more masks for her. Until she's now in their membership.

Bye, I'm leaving.
I went home one day before Val because I have the violin class in the afternoon. ( I'm still sitting-in the class).




I had all three seats to myself

No comments:

Post a Comment