Monday, April 17, 2017

Saturdays

I was very frustrated with myself after violin class. 
Kiki didn't get to play Concerto No. 5 (in D Maj, Op.22, 1st Movement-- whatever the title means).

Three weeks back, Kiki was almost ready but not entirely ready. She said she had realised she got some parts wrong and she wanted one more week to practise her corrections before playing the song in class. So I left it as that because of course I must be understanding and also I mustn't push her to play the song knowing there will be an error. I sternly reminded her that she will have to play in the following week.

However, over the subsequent two weeks, including this past Saturday, Teacher didn't ask the kids to showcase that song, she went on to teach the hardest parts of the next song -- Concerto No.5 in D Maj, Op.22, 3rd Movement. (Rondo), which by the way, sounds impossible to learn.

I found myself very stressed up. Because if Kiki doesn't showcase the current song, my brain can't close the files and move on to a new song!  Gosh, my old wired brain! This is entirely my problem, I can't toggle to and fro, I can only handle one song at a time. I hate it. I hate myself for that. Furthermore, three weeks passed and we haven't showcased, and we haven't really started learning the next song!   Arghh!!!!! We are so far behind! 

I was so anxious till I stayed back after class and asked if Teacher could please let Kiki play. Teacher was so puzzled. I think she must think I am mad. LOL. Anyway, she has two students lined up waiting so she said to remind her next week.............. 

Anyway, I can't wait anymore, I have to learn the new, impossible, song! Right now!



 Ceiling mirror at the bar counter



 sake with passion fruit syrup & tonic

we've both enjoyed dinner, including desserts-- waffle ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment