Thursday, April 13, 2017

Just grow, for goodness' sake.


I have no idea how to 'age gracefully' in an environment where ageism is an invisible undercurrent. 

I have to consciously distract myself from flipping my luxurious mane in order not to be aghast with the amount of chalk hair underneath. I have not realized how the LEDs of my colour pigment went out and I guess this is part of my body's anatomy with aging, after all, some people my age are already grannies.

So anyway, even a thousand strands of white hair does not make me feel any less. It is just the reactions from others that might affect me. like - OMG, can I pluck that white hair from your head? (yes, that's a real comment). or - Kann Chia! YOU GOT WHITE HAIR! A VERY LONG ONE AT THE BACK! (yes, that was also a real comment). 

Anyway, I've passed all that. 

So now, let me come up with a more practical plan. 

Don't flip over, don't examine it, just let it grow. 

You know, I tell my hair dresser with much difficulty-- 'please don't tell me about the amount of white hair I have, just colour as per normal'.   He went- 'what white hair?'

Anyway, the next time I visit him, I shall tell him to just highlight my whole head. Don't dye like usual. Just make the whole head peppered with highlights. That way, I should be able to let ALL THE WHITE HAIR GROW and become part of the forest. 

Just grow, for goodness' sake. After that, I will think of a way to manage my style. 

That's called the KANN CHIA'S WHITE HAIR MANAGEMENT 101

the LEDs that went out  =(

No comments:

Post a Comment