Monday, November 14, 2016

Holiday Programmes

I went to check out piano lessons for Colin at CC.
I think he should start individual lessons next year.
he wants it, not that i forced him (in case you think otherwise)
Colin does not display exceptional piano skills but i feel that he takes pride with his two pieces (BINGO & Mulberry Bush), so since he wants to proceed with individual class, i will find for him a piano teacher. only thing is that i am on a smaller budget, so i go find one at the CC. well, got to try various avenues.

So, Colin will start both the Chinese enrichment and Piano next year.
After the English Speech & Drama's programme is complete, I might let him continue with the Mandarin version of Speech & Drama. I think that would help boost the language exposure.

So since I was at the CC, I browsed their other activities.





Robotics lessons, nice! 
Kiki wants this 



 I've asked her to take this Electronics class but she says she doesn't want to play with electricity....... SILLY GIRL!

Okay, Baking class lined up and she wants the Dino Digging Class although I've told her she should have outgrown those kind of activities.

Well....... I'm learning to -- Discuss; Respect others' decisions; Accept them regardless.
(Do not love with conditions. Do not belittle anyone who might be different from you, have different or opposing views). It is so hard to do, but we must learn.

This is the lesson from Clinton's lost and Trump's triumph.

When we don't respect others, be it your child or your neighbour, there will not be a mutual relationship. 

There was one time, my cousin, he...... got into trouble with the law.
Everyone in my family was shocked and at a loss.
When my mom told me the news, I remarked that perhaps my cousin was going through a hard time and had troubles. My mom said in a jest referring generally between Mother & Child- "What could be the trouble that you can't share with your Mother?"  To that I didn't reply.

Mother, dear Mother. There are tonnes of troubles we Children are unable to share with you Mothers.

You can't surely be shocked with this side of the truth, can you? Dear Mother?

It is sad, I know. It meant there had been a breakdown in trust, communication and faith.

Basically, all Children want to give you Mothers "the best". The best of what you hoped that we would be. The best of what you think we are or could be. The best of what you think you can then be proud of. We always want to give you "the best" and be proud of us but our best might never make that mark, and then what? What? Are you gonna love us any less? Surely you'd say no, but look at your face, look at your eyes, and then please, take a good look into our eyes.

World politics, home politics, work politics, we, at home, as family, should have NO POLITICS.

We should abolish all sorts of socially cultivated templates of success or happiness or whatever fuck that is. Love us with all our flaws; we did.

(Sorry, I often get carried away. This is not a rant post, it just came out like that. My Mom & I have got no more issues. Now it's my turn to design the type of relationships I want with my children. God give me wisdom, give me strength).

No comments:

Post a Comment