Monday, May 7, 2018

Sunday in May

One meal fits all 

We went for our mock exam yesterday (Sunday)

Kiki says she messed up at the "sight reading" D major and she tried to recover while at it. She says her teacher says not to pause even if she has discovered her own mistakes. I say, well, it is the mocks, so there is still time to brush up. 

While we were waiting for our turn at the studios, I heard a familiar tune on the piano, the tinkering was very nice and crisp. Then I realised anxiously, it must be Kiki playing at the "restricted" section where very pricey pianos are kept. I quickly went through the glass doors and urged her to come out. She had ignored the "No playing" sign that was pasted on the glass door. Well, had she not played it for a short while, I would never have know that such high grade piano makes such fine sound. LOL. 

One family (father, mother, two toddlers, one granny- can I add that they are PRCs?) went shopping for piano later on when we were still at the holding area, waiting for our mock exam turn. I overheard that the pianos behind the glass door are around $10K to $13K+++, like wow. LOL. How I wish we could get the chance to tinker on these fine pianos again! But anyway, this girl-- Kiki, she doesn't want to learn the piano after she finishes her piano exams in August. She thinks she might not pass and I also think she really might not, but I hope she could scrape through before we stop. Now that we are enjoying more of the violin, making better progress, I think that will be a handful already. Furthermore, her school work is driving me nuts..... Math & Chinese. 


Came across a food stand at the DBS bank.
did the very aunty thing to queue up ONLY because Kiki insisted
I have this notion that free things are not nice.
Surprisingly, I was wrong. The nuts topping on the Bing Su are fresh and fragrant.
Took a contact card for my sis & my colleague as they frequently organize live stations for events.





 Bren baked a total of five Shepherd's Pies over the weekend. 
The kids loved them, I also quite enjoyed them. 

Since I don't take beef, he has tweaked his mom's recipe to accommodate and used minced chicken instead. I said his pies are so nice we should make some for Kiki's violin teacher and also the teenager girl (K) who has been coaching Kiki. I'll go find some baking foils for next time. 


 Mos Burger Terriyaki Pasta, okay lah, not too bad. 

 Sis introduced me to these stickers instead of the countless blu-tac we use on the wall. 

Doing jumping jacks in between revision. 
You see, our music scores have extended from our bed room to the study room now. 
(Because learning 2 pieces concurrently and also still practicing an old piece.)

Piece 1- Vivaldi's Perpetual Motion (continue to improve)
Piece 2 - Millionaire Hoedown (Herman Clebanoff) - a very ambitious new piece..... for us.
Piece 3 - also Vivaldi's, Concerto #2 in A minor (continue to improve)
coming up next is also Vivaldi's - "2 violins" in D minor

Our hands are happily full! 


No comments:

Post a Comment